Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Slogging Through

I'm almost done. I'm almost done. This I repeat to myself EVERY DAY because I still really despise school. It doesn't help that the professor this time is one of the worst I've ever had--I learn more from the book than from him, and going to class is pointless other than to brownnose. Which I hate. But I go anyway, because I can do ANYTHING for 2 more months, three and a half more weeks.

But OH MY GOD I can't wait for life to begin again. I can't wait to come home and feel like it's okay to clean my house, okay to do laundry, okay to cook--because there's not anything in the world that I SHOULD do, and I can just do what needs to be done and what I want to do.

Part of me wants to sell the house (we owe 183k, it's worth around 230k--CONSERVATIVELY, and if you take out the realtor fees and capital gains, we'd have around 35,000 bucks. Consider that Zillow and our realtor--also our friend--think that we could get 240k even in this market, and wow that is a lot of money)...and then get a cheap RV or trailer for the back of a truck and travel around working at state parks for a few years. Haha. Probably not going to happen, but it's fun to dream, right?

Here's to hunkering down and not looking up till I'm done. And I am SO very grateful that it is almost DONE.

And by the way, I am going to wear a Georgia Bulldogs T-shirt under my graduation robe. That is how much I dislike my school. Amen. ;) (And no, I will not be blatant about it...it will just be there, and I will know it, and it will make me happy because that is the place that is closest to my heart. Yes, I'm cheesy, why do you ask?)

Over and out.

No comments: