Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More Tips

Tip #23: Go Cash-Only for 15 to 30 days.

I've been meaning to do this and haven't yet. (Because my paycheck is direct deposit and getting to the bank is kind of a pain in the ass for me, and I use a debit card for everything and track it anyway)...BUT. I need to do this. I want to do this. I know it will help me THINK even more about every penny I spend. I think I'm afraid I'll run out of money halfway through. But I get paid on Friday. I will take out enough to pay everything for an entire month (except bills I pay online already) and DO IT. Stay tuned!

Tip #24: Save 40% on your commute.

We are supposed to carpool or work from home to attain this one. I know of only one person in the office who lives anywhere close to me...I will email and see if they are interested in carpooling. No one here works from home, really, so I don't feel comfortable asking about that. (Plus, I'd need a company laptop because of the software required, and I don't have one of those).